Berries contain Antioxidant compounds/Cancer fighting compounds- (which may improve memory and coordination)
- Blueberries highest levels of all berries,but raspberries also contain antioxidants
- Blackberries are rich in a compound that helps fight cancer and inflammation and may also reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Strawberries are rich in ellagic acid, a cancer fighter.
- Raspberries, blackberries and strawberries are loaded with 4 grams of fiber per half cup
- One half cup of strawberries provides 57 percent of your daily requirement for vitamin C.
“Elderberries, black currants, and chokeberries are still scarce in the marketplace, but that may change as consumers learn about their high antioxidant content — they may have 50 percent higher antioxidant levels than the more common berries!”1
1 - Nutrition information from: “Berry, Berry Nutritious”, Janis Jibrin, M.S., R.D., www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/nutrition/nutrition-berries-jibrin-0106,