by Christi Jardine, Stake Provident Living Leader
- To transfer a pie crust from the counter to the pie pan, fold it over the rolling pin and then gently unroll over the pie pan.
- To seal the top crust to the bottom crust, brush the bottom crust lip edge with milk or water before sealing.
- A lattice top crust can be woven on wax or parchment paper and then transferred to the pie.
- To keep the crust edges from browning to fast place a 2" strip of aluminum foil around the edge of a baked pie until the last 10-15 minutes of baking. Then remove.
- Cut shapes of pie crust with cookie cutters and lay over the top of fruit pies for a beautiful and fast alternative to a top crust. (leaves on an apple pie, hearts on a cherry pie, etc.)