It is very moist and has a colorful confetti look inside.
It is great toasted or with cheese melted on a slice! Enjoy!
2 PACKAGES ACTIVE DRY YEAST ½ CUP FINELY CHOPPED RED CABBAGE
½ CUP WARM WATER ½ CUP FINELY CHOPPED ONION
4 CUPS MILK, SCALDED ¾ CUP GRATED CARROT
4 TABLESPOONS SUGAR 1/3 CUP FINELY CHOPPED CELERY
4 TEASPOONS SALT ¼ CUP FINELY CHOPPED GREEN PEPPER
4 TABLESPOONS BUTTER ¼ CUP FINELY CHOPPED, PEELED CUCUMBER
3 EGGS, BEATEN 1/4 CUP ALFALFA SPROUTS
13 TO 14 CUPS FLOUR 1 CLOVE GARLIC, FINELY CHOPPED
- Combine hot milk, sugar, salt and butter. Cool to lukewarm. Stir in beaten eggs. Add 6 cups of the flour, softened yeast and beat until well blended. Add finely chopped and grated vegetables. Blend well. Add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough: mix well.
- Place dough in greased bowl, turning once to grease surface.Cover and let rise in warm place until double; about 1 ¼ hours. Punch down.
- Cover and let rise again until double. Punch down; divide into four portions. Shape each into a smooth ball; cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape into loaves. Place in 4 greased 9x5x4 inch loaf pans or make rounds and place on cookie sheets. Cover and let rise until almost double.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until done.
- Brush tops of hot loaves with butter, if desired. Makes four large delicious loaves.