by Christi Jardine- Stake Provident Living LeaderCount down to Christmas by planning a 12 days of Christmas for your family to do. Work on the preparations and gather the needed supplies so that you can start on the 12th or 13th of December. Each item or service can be for your family to do together or chose a person/family who could use some cheering up. They could even be for members of your own family!
- Secretly leave a special thought or treat each night for twelve days.
- Offer to babysit for a mother so she can go Christmas shopping alone.
- Send a Christmas card to someone who doesn't expect one from you.
- Do something special for someone without them finding out. (Clean their room, shovel their driveway, etc.)
- Write a thank you note.
- Try a new Christmas cookie recipe and take them to your neighbors or to the person you are doing the 12 days of Christmas for.
- Learn a new carol. Go caroling to your neighbors.
- Read a special Christmas story as a family, grandchildren, to younger brothers and sisters, neighbor children, etc. or copy your favorite story and leave with a note secretly for someone.
- Record in your journal a story about your favorite Christmas traditions or memories. Visit with an elderly neighbor or grandparent about their traditions and memories.
- Bear your testimony of Jesus Christ to your family, visiting teaching sisters, friend or neighbor. Write it down in your journal.
- Give a gift of service. Share one of your talents with someone.
- Build a snowman for an elderly neighbor or grandparent, with a smiling face that faces their window.
These are just a few ideas. There are so many more!
*Some ideas from the Friend Magazine.