Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Thank You to Sis. Julie Beck

A BIG Thank You to Sis. Julie Beck for her inspired leadership over the past 5 years! We are all sad to see her released. LDS Living Magazine interviewed Sis. Beck and here are some great quotes from the March/April 2012 article, "Sister Julie B. Beck- Continuing The Legacy":

"We (women) have never been second class. We have always been as important as his sons."

"I think sometimes people confuse stardom with influence. A lot of conversation focuses on what we don't have and what we don't do rather than focusing on what we do have and what we can do. It's like any blessing in our lives- if you focus on what you don't have instead of what you do have, usually you miss the real richness of what you have."

"Sister Beck believes one of the greatest myths that has been told to women is that they can have it all. 'Nobody can have everything, and you especially can't have it all at once,' she says. 'There's an opportunity cost to everything."

"So how can we know if our choices are correct? Sister Beck suggests asking questions like, 'First, Am I aligned behind the Lord's plan for me? Is what I'm doing moving me toward eternal life or am I just enjoying my time in Babylon? I have to ask myself that all the time,' she says. 'And then, How do I feel? Is the Spirit confirming my choices? Balancing is best done by revelation. I'm surprised what I can get done in a day when I'm aligned."

To read the entire article go to: