Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gardening

Time to Prune

I am so grateful for the older members of our stake. They are a wealth of knowledge. Every year I know it is time to prune my grapes, berries and fruit trees when I see them out working. It is time, my neighbors are out!

Choose a day when the weather is nice and take an hour or two and get started. Your vines, berries and trees will produce better because they have not given all their energy to shoots that you will cut off. So start now before they leaf out!


Here are some articles that will be helpful to you:

 For grape vines:
deseretnews.com/article/705291081/Careful-grape-pruning-brings-sweet-rewards

For raspberries:
deseretnews.com/article/600119331/Prepare-soil-prune-to-reap-raspberry-rewards

For peach trees and other stone fruits:
deseretnews.com/article/660197866/Proper-pruning-will-yield-the-best-fruit

For all fruit trees:
extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_363.pdf

Happy Pruning!