Monday, May 9, 2011

Build an Ark

 Words and music by Marianne P. Wilcock
This is a great song about being spiritually, and temporally prepared.  

The music is in the Sept. 2010, Friend Magazine
Sing it for Family Home Evening and work on some aspect of preparedness such as emergency preparedness, making a plan for family prayer or scripture reading, or adding to your food storage.

Noah was a prophet, a man who did not fear.
When he taught repentance, the people would not hear.
So the Lord told him to build a boat
That could hold a ton and stay afloat.
Then Noah started building and said within his heart:
“I will build an ark before it starts to rain.
I will follow the Lord and do all things in His name.
I’ll prepare ev’ry needful thing. I will walk in righteous ways.
When the rain starts to fall on me, I’ll be ready for that day.”
I can be like Noah. Yes, I can be prepared.
I can build my ark, and I’ll find safe shelter there.
I can do the things I know are right.
I can learn and pray with all my might.
And then when storm clouds come, I’ll be safe within my ark.
I will build my ark before it starts to rain.
I will follow the prophet, for he speaks in God’s name.
I’ll prepare ev’ry needful thing. I will walk in righteous ways.
When the rain starts to fall on me, I’ll be ready for that day.


Copyright © 2004 by Marianne P. Wilcock. All rights reserved. This song may be copied for incidental, noncommercial church or home use. This notice must be included on each copy made.